POST 3701 MEMBER INFORMATION
Annual dues : $35
Meetings : First Tuesday of the month at 6:30 pm
Dinner is provided after at no charge
To join you need a completed membership application, proof of eligibility, and dues payment.
We will then investigate your eligibility and vote to accept or reject your application at our next regular meeting.
As a VFW member, you may :
- Attend Post, County Council, District, Department (state) or National meetings, and are allowed to enter the business session of these meetings.
- Hold an office at the Post, County Council, District or Department (state) level.
- Be a Delegate to the National Convention.
- Participate in any of the National Programs and earn Post, District, Department (state) and National Awards.
- Receive assistance with VA Claims & assistance benefits
- Participate in member benefits received through the mail, e-mail or listed on the National website. To include insurance, financial services, publication subscriptions, electronics, travel, haircuts, prescriptions and more.
- Receive VFW Magazine and e-newsletter.
VFW MEMBER ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
Commander | Stacey Roberts
Sr. Vice Commander | Sunni Haglund
Jr. Vice Commander | Mike Christensen
Quartermaster/Adjutant | Jessica Wright
Chaplain | John Wichman
Dennis Bacon | Brian Boehm | Ryan Tonning
There are three qualifiers for membership in the VFW, as set out in our By-Laws.
An individual must meet all three in order to become a member. They are as follows:
1: Citizenship – must be a U.S. citizen or U.S. National
2: Honorable Service – must have served in the Armed Forces of the United States and either received a discharge of Honorable or General (Under Honorable Conditions) or be currently serving
3: Service in a war, campaign, or expedition on foreign soil or in hostile waters.
This can be proven by any of the following:
- An authorized campaign medal (see a full list of qualifying medals and badges here)
- Receipt of Hostile Fire Pay or Imminent Danger Pay (verified by a military pay statement)
- Service in Korea for 30 consecutive or 60 non-consecutive days
NOTE : This information is usually available through a veteran’s DD-214.
If other information is needed or if a DD-214 is not complete, you can contact the National Personnel Records Center online or at 314.801.0800 to request more information.
More detailed information on VFW eligibility can be accessed on the VFW National website here.